Sometimes when a classic item is worn by a legendary figure, it takes on a persona all its own. Such is the history of the AO Saratoga, most notably worn by JFK. JFK can be seen wearing the Saratoga in many photos while boating, projecting the Camelot image that so many Americans aspired to. The style became an instant classic. The style featured a classic shape, silver details, and a thinner temple than the Wayfarer styles it is often mistaken for. The popularity of the Saratoga continued long after it was worn by JFK and gained a cult following after it went out of production decades ago. 2020 marks the re-release of this legendary style, manufactured to the precise specifications of the original. Read the full story on the Saratoga here. These sunglasses are once again made in the U.S.A. by hand insuring their guaranteed quality as a distinctive trademark to rule out the competition of inferior copies.
- True-Color™ Gray Nylon AOLite™ lenses are extremely lightweight and impact resistant.
- Chromatically tuned True-Color™ Gray tint reduces eye fatigue in bright light conditions
- Size: 52-19-145mm
- Size: 54-19-145mm
- Temple Style: Standard
- Lens Color: Green
- Frame Color: Tortoise
- Lens Filter Category: 3
- 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Anti-reflective backside coating
- Oleophobic smudge-resistant coating
- Impact-resistant (ANSI Z80.3)
- Scratch-resistant material and hardcoat
- Lightweight for extra comfort
Before the invention of the car. Before the radio. Before typewriters, elevators, and telephones. Before electricity, in 1833, American Optical was already helping people see the world. The oldest optical company in American history has pioneered optical and eyewear innovation for centuries. AO’s founders believed everyone should have access to eyewear, not just the elite, and changed history by bringing spectacle manufacturing to the US. Since then, AO has originated sunwear styles worn by pilots, Presidents, and NASA space crews. AO has recently moved to Chicago and by doing so they have taken back full production into the United States and finally a wide range of their iconic styles will be available again.
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.